Friday, February 8, 2008

My Little Hoarder

I just spent the last hour and a half cleaning out my son's room. I think I need to shoot an email over to the Oprah Show or Dr. Phil and schedule an intervention. David has a bit of a hoarding issue, and it is greatly effecting the mood of this household. Or, my mood mainly. He cannot let go of anything. Not a piece of notebook paper. Not a single hot wheel, though he owns 256, my approximate guess. Last week, he wanted to save a Go Gurt wrapper because it had a secret code on it. I had to put my foot down at that.

Sad thing is, as beautiful as the room looks now, he will be home from school shortly, and Hurricane David will be back in full force leaving destruction and a trail of food wrappers behind. Why I even bother, I will never know.

No comments: