Thursday, February 28, 2008

My First Mile

This may not seem like much to some, but last night, I ran my first mile without stopping!!! I have never run a full mile. Not even in high school when we used to have to take that trek through the Faulkner campus. I would always stop and walk the majority of the way. So now, I only have twelve more miles to go. What am I thinking?!?

In other news, I know that I have been quiet on this end for a while. I think the only person that notices is my dear friend Erika, though I am sure I have millions of silent readers that are just too timid to leave comments. We have been in the midst of a minor crisis in our household. As I had mentioned before, we have been in the process of refinancing our house to try to pay down some of the debt incurred when building our pool. This has been the most insulting and disturbing experience of my life. We have had facts misrepresented to us, mistakes were made on the lender's side, and then lies were told in attempt to cover their rear ends. And I just don't know what to do about it. I told my mom yesterday that I now understand why people sue. I have never really understood it until this experience. So at a later date, I will get into specifics. But for now, I have to figure out where to go from here.

4 comments:

Erika said...

I can't get our guy to call us back either. I noticed on our appraisal that our market was marked as declining as well. What a pain in the a**.

Rebecca said...

I will be thinking about you guys!!!

Kristin said...

Isn't it great being adults? What with the bills and the money and the bills...

carrie said...

I will pray for you. By the way, I have been wondering about you since you had not posted in a while. Wouldn't life be so easy if it weren't for money issues!