Saturday, February 16, 2008

Coming Up for Fresh Air

Wow!!! We have been in the thick of illness around here all week. Mine began Tuesday with some cold symptoms and body aches. David's began in the wee hours (why does fever always strike in the wee hours?) Wednesday morning. I knew his was strep from the beginning. This is our third bout with strep, so this time I knew his symptoms all too well. But when I called to get him into the pediatrician, they could not see him that day. They were booked solid, and that was at 8:15 that morning. We had to wait until Thursday morning, but the nurse said if he took a turn for the worse, they could squeeze him in. In the meantime, I ran fever of 102 degrees and had both the sick one and the well one to take care of. No fun, as you might could imagine. Scott's hands were tied, and he could not come home to help as he was the only manager at work. Thank God for my dear, sweet mother who took off work on Thursday and came to help out. I am completely incapacitated by fever as high as 102. I couldn't even move.

So, as of today, David and I are both fever free. I am better, just not quite up to par. And I feel like I need to spray every surface of my home with Lysol. I just want to wash every blanket and pillow and towel in the house. Any surface that could possibly have one little minute germ. Because, somehow, my little drama queen has managed to stay healthy through all of this. And I would like to keep it that way.

Anyway - it just feel good to feel somewhat good again.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I am glad you are feeling better! I noticed you had been absent from "the blogging world" for awhile.

Erika said...

I'm glad things are better around there.