Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Yesterday

Oh, yesterday. Thank goodness you are gone.

Yesterday, I ate three cupcakes and about half a box of Cheezits snack mix (which is buy one get one free at Publix through today, by the way) and a half a box of Apple Jacks cereal and really nothing else. I don't think I had one single gram of protein all day. It was a carb-fest for me. We are in the process of refinancing our mortgage, and there is nothing more stressful to me than talking to a stranger about our finances. There is just something so humiliating in explaining the state of your financial affairs. Like the question, "How much do you have in liquid assets, such as savings accounts?" Uh, nothing. Zero. Zilch. Nada. We have a beautiful swimming pool in the back yard filled with liquid, but no liquid assets.

And that's exactly what we are trying to get back to. Freeing up some of the money so that perhaps I could take a full breath of air again. It will all work out, I know. But in the meantime, when you are waiting for that call back to go over just what our options are, the best thing I can think of to do is to partake in a lot of carbs. Preferably, straight out of the box.

1 comment:

Erika said...

Let me know how it goes. I'm going to check today, I think.