Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Hallelujah!!!

Okay. Two posts in one day, and I am only 54% addicted to blogging? Whatever. Completely irrelevant. Because my beloved, beautiful thorn in my side daughter just pooped in the potty! On her own accord. Without bribery, which I have tried on numerous occasions. Without yelling, threatening, scolding, beating or bleeding. I was vacuuming the stairs, and David ran to get me to deliver the news. I nearly pooped in my pants I was so excited. Maybe I am getting through to her. I shouldn't brag too much. Tomorrow she will probably refuse to do it. Ahhh, but today.

I cannot believe it has come to this. To be this excited about a toddler putting her poop in its proper place is absurd. But I am not ashamed. I squealed with delight. And any good mother would do the same.

4 comments:

Erika said...

Yay for Madalyn! I'm dancing for you as well!

carrie said...

That is a big deal!! I rememeber how much money we saved when Todd was potty trained. I hope the trend continues!

Kristin said...

Congratulations! If you are like me, you could almost be sure that the heavens opened up and the angels were singing.

Erika said...

Just logging in so I can post pics.