Thursday, January 3, 2008

Game Plan

Okay. So I still have these ten pounds wrapped around my hips and thighs from my last pregnancy. And that may not seem like much to some, but for someone as vain as I am, it is a pretty big deal. I am just so tired of it, you know. And I am tired of not buying myself clothes because I keep thinking that I am going to lose weight. So here is my game plan for the fresh year ahead.

I don't want to set any goals that are weight oriented because I always seem to not see the results I had hoped for and then lose focus. So this year, I am going to set a goal for frequency of exercise. I have a great treadmill in our basement, and I will just need to force myself to find the time for walking. I am setting the goal of four to five days a week of walking. And I want to get back on the program I used to do for my abs. I plan to do that four days a week as well. And then devote one day each week to arms and legs. That seems like a relatively simple goal I think. And, you know, that is what I am all about this year is simplicity. I just need to start making myself a priority around this house. Seems like everyone else's needs rank far above mine, and by the time I find the time for myself, I am too exhausted from handling all the other stuff. Hopefully, I can work toward a change. And I think that is just about the healthiest goal I have ever made. I don't really care anything about losing a dress size or a specific amount of weight. I just want to feel better in a bathing suit when that pool opens this summer. And that ain't gonna happen with jiggly thighs and dimpled skin around my navel.

And I am really excited about joining the weekday ladies class at the church where we are unofficial members. And for more than one reason. I think it will be great to have a program to study. It will keep me more on track with my reading time. And it will give me a chance to get to know some other women in the area and just socialize with people. You know, I don't get out much. Sad, but true.

Okay. So there it is. My master plan for the year. I have put it out there for all to see. I am holding myself accountable. Now we'll see what happens. I am sure the whole world is on the edge of their seats.

No comments: