Thursday, December 20, 2007

Trip to the Galleria

There is nothing better than a trip to the Galleria with your two children to visit Santa and polish off the shopping list. We waited in line for a little over an hour to see the man in red and got a cute little picture. This year, they nixed the package I normally get - the 5x7 for $14.99. I know, I am cheap, but seriously, how many people in this world want a picture of my children with Santa? So I was disappointed that I had to spend more than fifteen bucks, but at least this year their Gammie and their Nana can both get one, too. And the kids had to relay their wishes to Santa. Madalyn's most important request has been consistent for about three weeks now. A big puppy dog. Not a real one, mind you. Because we know that is not going to happen. David's wishes change with the tides and the winds. He wants a PlayStation 2, some days a dirt bike, some days a gas-powered four wheeler, some days a laptop (my stars, the things these children ask for these days). And we have talked on multiple occasions about the fact that Santa knows what he needs, what would be the most fun and useful, etc. So, I was pleased to hear, after much thought and deliberation from David during the hour long wait that he finally decided to ask for the PlayStation. I wanted to shout to the roof tops, "Good thing, kiddos, because Santa is freaking finished! He ain't going back to Toys 'R Us another freaking time this year!" But I somehow refrained from any outbursts at the mall, and the children left quite pleased with their visit.

Trying to buy the father a Christmas present was quite a different experience all together. Basically, I picked out the gift so the tag might as well have my name on it, not the kids. Today was definitely a reminder of why I do not like to take David shopping with me anymore. If I had heard him sigh one more time I think I could have picked him up and thrown him clear to Arkansas. Thank God the shopping is through.

On a totally unrelated note, I have the biggest freaking zit on my chin that I think I have ever had in my acne-stricken existence. Hello - I am thirty-one years old and I still have this painful cystic acne from time to time. Don't get me wrong, I am a die-hard Proactiv fan. But every now and again, one of those persistent little bastards breaks through the front lines Proactiv has formed. I don't think this one will ever go away. I am trying every dermatological trick I know in hopes that it will at least be a little less red by our Christmas party on Saturday night. If only it were on my nose. Wouldn't that be festive?

No comments: