Monday, December 3, 2007

Black Hole

I feel as though I have been sucked into a black hole or something. I haven't checked my email or blogger since Thursday and I just feel completely out of touch. Lost. Hope everyone is doing well.

I have just been so busy, like most American households I am sure, getting all the Christmas decorations put out. And, of course, vacuuming like everyday because there are little green fake tree needles all over the house. And the house has been in such disarray that I dedicated Friday to finishing the inside. Now I have to put boxes in the attic and pull my fantastically cheap lighted reindeer down and wrestle with them today. So that will be an adventure, I am sure. And wouldn't you know that the wind is whipping and the high is only supposed to be in the low fifties today. Great day to be putting Christmas stuff out in the yard, right? Yesterday, we did yard work. Like hours of yard work. I raked about a billion leaves and trimmed shrubs and cut some grass and it seemed like the fun would never stop. It can be enjoyable, yard work, especially when you step back at the end of the day and see how nice everything looks. But when you wake up the next morning and the wind has blown all night and now you have millions of leaves back in the yard, one thinks to them self, "Why in the hell did we do all that work?" But that's my husband's philosophy - if you keep up with it all along, it is less work to do. I say that if you just wait until all the leaves fall, it is still the same amount of work, it is just all in one day. But whatever. My husband is slightly anal-retentive about certain things. And I am about others. We just happen to not be anal-retentive about the same things. Which just makes our life more interesting.

My eldest brother stopped by last night with his new girlfriend. Now, let me start by saying that this is the brother that has been married three times. He seems to be fatally attracted to the same type of woman over and over and over again. Because in between the marriages, we have had the girlfriends that just didn't make it that long. And they have all seemed the same. One of my constant prayers is that he could find someone - a woman close to his age that is settled down that could be a good companion for him. No one wants to be alone. And my oldest brother certainly does not like to be alone. And this is the longest he has gone without being in some sort of relationship. I think it has been over a year now. You know what, I really like this one. She is unlike any woman he has ever introduced me to, which is refreshing to say the least. Very genuine, classy, a little reserved, but very easy to talk to. And she is his age, which is nothing short of a miracle. The last one he wanted me to meet was like 23. Seriously, he is 39. I kept trying to tell him that she was a child and he a grown man; that would never work. And, of course, it did not. But he was just pulling at straws. He has become so lonely for a partner that he was willing to try anyone who came his way that seemed like it might could possibly stick. So I will hold my breath on this one. Because I really like her. And now, instead of telling my brother not to get his hopes up, it will be my hopes I will try to keep in check.

No comments: