Wednesday, December 19, 2007

9:04 AM

9:04 AM - the precise time when Madalyn tore the paper on one of her Christmas presents under the tree. Mind you, I just wrapped them last night and put them under the tree after the kids went to bed. And let's not leave out the fact that Madalyn did not wake up until 7:30 this morning. So, that left her approximately an hour and a half to notice the presents and tear the paper and have them put up in the top of my closet for the rest of the day. I will have to do some rewrapping on the one, and we will try it again tomorrow. And I told her that if she tore it again, they would be put up until Christmas morning.

Sometimes, I feel as though my efforts are in vain. Not one specific effort, but all of them. I bought her Disney Princess wrapping paper because I knew she would love it. That's where I went wrong. I should have bought her some plain brown craft paper and written her name in black Sharpie. Who am I kidding? She would have done the same thing.

Let's get this Christmas show on the road so my kids will leave me alone for a couple of days!

1 comment:

Erika said...

Again, schedule the exorcism already! :)