Monday, November 12, 2007

My kids don't like to share...

So, I discovered this morning as I enjoyed the last few hours of my dear friends visit that my children do not like to share their crazy mama! On any given normal day off, the kids will wake up and watch cartoons and eventually eat some breakfast. We just relax and do nothing. Usually by lunch time, I have managed to look respectable and we may run out on an errand or go play outside. I am just not an entertaining type of mom. Never have been. So this morning was nothing new, except for Erika. The kids watched their cartoons, I actually made muffins - two different kinds, which is most impressive for me - and Erika and I, who were both feeling a little crappy, just sat on the couch and talked and drank our coffee and ate thirteen muffins. Perhaps thirteen is a bit of an exaggeration, but you get the gist. David became incredibly irritated with me just out of no where. He wanted to make something out of marshmallows and toothpicks and I just didn't think that a very good idea with a two year old around. Toothpicks and two year olds don't mix very well in my opinion. And he was bored, he said, and he sat at the kitchen table for thirty minutes with his head laid down and sighing and the works. And then he laid in the living room floor between me and Erika and hit his feet on the floor so jealous of the fact that I, for once in my poor pitiful existence, actually had another real live human adult with whom to hold conversation. I mean get over it, seriously. Come on, kiddos. I live for you both! I can't take a crap without one of you in the bathroom with me. I can't sit down for a minute without your needs and wants being shouted across the airwaves. I can't think about anything for the noise and the whining and Madalyn's infamous shriek. So for a day and a half I get crazy and decide to think about myself and now I believe the whole family unit is compromised. David is mad. Madalyn is exhausted. And I am sure that I owe my husband all kinds of sexual favors for bathing the children and attempting to keep them out of my hair yesterday. All that aside, I had a great weekend with my buddy and already can't wait to see her again!

1 comment:

Erika said...

I miss you too. :( I can't believe I am already back at work. Your kids are much less annoying to me than my own. ha ha