Thursday, November 15, 2007

Cha Ching

I just got back home from my first Christmas shopping experience of the season! Toy's R Us has some great prices right now, by the by, on all the necessities of the season for this household. I racked up today, seriously. And it was so much fun! I love Christmas!!!!! It's one of the very few times of the year that - the only time of the year - that I just get giddy with excitement. I have so much fun shopping for my kids, though they both need absolutely nothing at all and play with the same things all the time. I love to find something that I know will be a big hit because I can imagine their excitement and smile as they see it for the first time. See, I really do love my kids. Just don't like them all the time.

I had been holding out on shopping, but Thanksgiving is next week and then the major countdown starts. I don't mind scavenging around for adult gifts. You can always give a gift card if need be. But the kids are different. They are what Christmas is all about. And with only one retail toy store in the entire Birmingham metro area, I had to come off the cash before everything gets gone! Scott had given me some money about a month ago earmarking it specifically for Christmas. So that's all that sits in our poor excuse for a savings account. And now even less sits in it, but that's okay. I don't know what I would do if we weren't broke!

One good thing about this year: This will be the first year in about three years that I will not have to purchase a freaking Power Ranger toy of any kind. Perhaps we are finally outgrowing the Power Ranger era of our life? Praise the Lord!!!

No comments: