Thursday, November 29, 2007

Blah!

I have been fighting nausea for the past couple of days now. At first, I thought it was just all a part of my fibro crap because I get nauseated from time to time. But by Tuesday night, my stomach burned and was almost tender to the touch. I just feel soured. That is such a gross word. It is either what Madalyn had last week or a freaking stomach ulcer. I just feel absolutely blah. Blah, blah, blah. Of course, Scott doesn't even want to be in the same room with me. Funny, he shakes hands with dozens of people a day passing millions of germs by the minute, and he won't come within a ten foot radius of me when I am slightly ill.

This morning was an adventure. And, note to self for next year, I do not intend on taking both the children in for their flu shots at the same time again. This is David's first year to have one. Please do not call DHR. I have always kept David's other immunizations up to date, but I never really believed in the flu shot. Madalyn had one from the time she was able because of her nasty, germ infested brother coming home from school and breathing all over her. But this year, since David was hospitalized with that asthma flare up, he needed one. Since it was his first time, he had to have a booster thirty days after the original. Well, I didn't even tell him he would have to go back until last night. He absolutely freaked out when they gave him the first dose. I had to threaten calling his father if he didn't calm down. So last night, I broke the news. He was not pleased. But I told him that this time, Madalyn would have to get one too and I needed him to be brave for her. Well, that was an idea, but definitely not reality. He was okay until he saw the syringe. He wouldn't lay down on the table, he was crying, and the nurse and I both had to hold him down so she could give him the shot. I was so embarrassed. Of course Madalyn was fine until the actual stick. But once the tears started, I didn't think they would ever stop. Then I took them back to school for their teachers to deal with them. I cannot believe the flu shots had to interfere with my few hours off for the week. But it was definitely necessary. We got the flu last year, and I would be willing to do most anything to prevent that occurrence again.

But next year, I think I'll take them one at a time.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

I made the mistake of taking both boys once -Reese for one of his check-ups and Brooks because he was sick. I was so frazzled by the time it was over. We waited forever for the doctor, and by the time it was over Reese had somehow peed all over the floor. Such great memories!

carrie said...

I took Todd to get his shot. He hates shots and fights them, too. He even had to get poked twice because he pulled the 1st one out before the medicine. He does not get that the more he fights, the worse it is. Maybe they will learn one day!

Erika said...

Don't feel bad, I'm not taking my kids for one. Speaking of fibro, having you seen the commercials for the new drug out?

Erika said...

Logging in to Blogger. For some readon my work computer won't let me do it directly.