Monday, October 29, 2007

Hot Stuff

If I didn't know any better, I would think that I am pregnant. I can't seem to get enough heat in my life right now! Jalapenos, hot wings - somebody help me! This is exactly what I did when I was pregnant with David. Anything spicy. The hotter, the better. Saturday night I made up some taco meat and made myself a huge taco salad and topped it off with some jalapenos, of course. Not quite as many as the Saturday before, though. Yesterday, I was starving for something spicy and melted some cheese on top of some tortilla chips and then added a few jalapenos to that. Then last night, we grilled some wings and I tossed mine with some hot sauce. My mouth is watering as we speak. Maybe I should call my OB and make sure they tied those tubes real tight while they were in there!

Also, I have just been so exhausted. I just think this is the long-term repercussions of my two prior pregnancies. You know, the children. They have just beat me down lately. I told Scott Saturday night that I could not remember a time when I felt more tired. I feel like all my efforts to try to hold on to some control of this household and these kids are failing. I am definitely in a mommy slump. I just look at my children and think, "What am I doing wrong?" They are great for everyone else. David has had all smiley faces in conduct this year. He has only had to "move his clip" twice as a warning. And Madalyn, well everyone adores her. I mean all she has to do is look at you with those big brown eyes and she has moved her way into your heart. And they are great kids, don't get me wrong. And I do love them dearly. But lately, it seems that every request, whether big or small, is being fought. It is the attitude, the disrespect from David. And Madalyn is just plain unenjoyable. She runs when I want to get her dressed, she screams when she doesn't get her way, she cries about everything, she climbs on top of chairs and gets in to things she shouldn't, she washes her hands fifty times a day and gets water all over the bathroom, and she refuses to toilet train. She has outsmarted me. I know it is just a part of raising kids, but I am so worn out right now. I need a fill up, you know. A recharging of the batteries. Good thing my bestest friend in the whole world is coming in a week in a half. And hopefully, I can pawn the kids off on an unsuspecting grandparent and I can enjoy a little quality friend time. And if that doesn't help, I'll stow away in her luggage and disappear.

1 comment:

Erika said...

Maybe you can put them outside with a For Sale sign.