Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Catching Up

So last night, I finally got to catch up on two shows - Desperate and Private Practice. Tivo, DVR, or whatever your local cable provider terms it has got to be the most brilliant idea in the universe. Record, pause, rewind any show of your choice. No more holding pee until commercial breaks! The kids don't have to wait eight minutes to have their 23rd cup of juice for the day! In our modern society, we do not have to choose between caring for the ones we love and watching our favorite shows! We just have to find the time to catch up on them. So, that's what I did last night. This will probably sound odd, but thankfully, the husband wasn't feeling well last night and fell asleep on the couch in the middle of my screening of Private Practice. Normally, I would be forced to watch some random NFL game that he really doesn't care anything about. I looked over and silently exclaimed, "Thank God he's asleep! I can watch Desperate Housewives too!" To be able to watch not one, but two shows without interruption nor guilt is truly miraculous. And I am sure it was a once in a lifetime experience.

On a different note, I have a major dilemma ahead of me today. We are going on a weekend excursion (the husband and I - no children) to the great state of Louisiana for the Auburn / LSU game. (War Eagle and a shout out to the Auburn mom who gave me a comment!) The Tigers vs. the Tigers. Everyone join in a moment of silence. Though I walk through the valley of death..... It will be an adventure. I have been to Death Valley once before. It was in my former life as an Alabama fan. My dad commented that I would probably be the only woman in the stands that night to have gone to a game there with my first husband as an Alabama fan and with my second husband as an Auburn fan. You know something, he is probably right. I digress. My dilemma for the day is to plan the wardrobe. You would think, it being October and all, that it would be a relatively pleasant forecast ahead. But of course, the predicted high for the day in Baton Rouge is 87. So I will spend the day trying on clothes in my closet that still don't fit because of that baby weight I still can't manage to lose from the "baby" that is nearing three years of age. And I will get very depressed and probably fix a stout Captain and Diet Coke this evening and sit and watch some random college football game instead of one of my shows. And then, I will have to find the time to catch up on Private Practice later this week. Oh, the circle of life.

1 comment:

Erika said...

Chug a lug for me as I won't be drinking because it's too many points!